THE WINNER IS JANE DOUGAN! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
The excitement is starting to build up as we slowly count down the days until London 2012 the Olympic Games. Its going to be an exciting time with so many events happening around the city. It is a time for us to be proud of the city that we live in and show people visiting why London is one of the greatest cities in the world. Ok, I know what some of you are thinking, tube chaos and lots of crowds… and a ticketing system that left half of us with tickets. Well never fear because did you know you still have the chance to go if you buy a Thomas Cook Games Break? This will give you guaranteed Olympic tickets or Paralympic tickets with accommodation in and around London. Lanky Girl was recently invited by Thomas Cook to the Aquatic Centre at the Olympic Park to one of the test events, the FINA World Diving championships. Designed by Zaha Hadid, the aquatic centre was nothing short of stunning and the diving event really got me excited! I was also asked to make a short film with Thomas Cook with 7 other London bloggers about where I would recommend people should visit when coming to London for the Olympics. You can watch the video above.
Now, Competition time! Lanky Girl has been given one Thomas Cook Games break to giveaway!
This will include:
1 night hotel stay at Ibis Heathrow in London for two people sharing a Double Standard room including breakfast. With Check in on 3 August 2012 and check out on 4 August 2012.
The prize also includes 2 Olympic Volleyball, Women’s Preliminaries tickets at Earls Court London, for 3 August 2012 at 8.00pm
To win: all you have to do is Like The London Perspective Facebook Page and Complete this sentence with a place that you recommend people should visit.If you are coming to London for the Olympics you need to visit …….
Answers can be left by leaving a comment on this blog or by tweeting @arigato23 and include the hashtag #tcookcomp
The competition will end midnight 15th of May, 2012 and the winner will be picked at random and will be notified be notified by email.
This competition is open to UK readers only.
Good luck everyone!
Competition Terms and Conditions
1) a) The prize is a 1 night hotel stay at Ibis Heathrow in London for two people sharing a Double Standard room including breakfast. With Check in on 3 August 2012 and check out on 4 August 2012.
b) The prize also includes 2 Olympic Volleyball, Women’s Preliminaries tickets at Earls Court London, for 3 August 2012 at 20.00pm.
c) The competition prize includes a Transport for London Games Travelcard valid for travel to and from Olympic events stated within the competition prize. Please see more details here http://www.london2012.com/visiting/getting-to-the-games/plan-your-travel/travel-tickets.php
2) Prize does not include transport to/from London. The Prize-winner and companion will be responsible for all costs of transportation and all expenses other than those specifically stated above as being included in the prize.
3) The prize must be taken as offered it is non transferable or refundable.
4) There is no cash or other alternative products or services available from Thomas Cook as an exchange.
5) This competition prize is subject to Thomas Cook London 2012 terms and conditions and legal notices, stated on the Thomas Cook London 2012 website.
6) These conditions of use and entry are subject to the London 2012 ticketing terms and conditions set out in the following link http://www.tickets.london2012.com/purchaseterms.html
7) The London 2012 Organising Committee (LOCOG) offer no guarantee in relation to the London 2012 ticket prize, and cannot be held liable for any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from a winner’s and guest’s use of the London 2012 ticket prize.
8) The prize on offer can not be re-sold
9) Thomas Cook will not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged prizes after these have been delivered to the competition winner.
10) The competition is not open to employees or agencies of Thomas Cook Group, their group companies or family members or anyone else connected to the competition.
Entry implies acceptance of these rules.
Promoter: Thomas Cook London 2012 Partnership, Thomas Cook UK & Ireland, 2nd Floor Sterling House,
6-10 Georges Road, Wimbledon SW19 4DP.