The South of France has a special place in my heart. After finishing uni I spent many holidays partying in Cannes and visiting little villages on the French Riviera. One thing that the South of France is well known for is amazing food. So I was pretty excited when information dropped in my inbox about the Sud de France Joie de Vivre Festival which comes to London this weekend.
This weekend you too can experience Southern France life, as the first large‐scale Sud de France Festival will recreate a perfect day in the South of France. It brings to London the adventurous gastronomy and wines of the sun kissed destination of Languedoc‐Roussillon, an authentic food market and music from the region’s Worldwide Festival curated by acclaimed DJ Gilles Peterson. The vibrant event will be FREE to enter and take place on Saturday 31 August 2013 on an extensive stretch of the South Bank; from Riverside Walkway with its Thames views, through to leafy Bernie Spain Gardens next to Oxo Tower Wharf, SE1
Visitors to Sud de France Joie de Vivre Festival will able to experience:
- French market traders selling a variety of delicious regional foods and produce.
- Pop‐up restaurants offering a menu of authentic artisanal dishes will take bookings.
- A pétanque pitch with a competition.
- A beach of fine sand, where visitors can take part in a sand castle competition to build the
- iconic sites of Languedoc‐Roussillon, such as the medieval city of Carcassonne.
- Chefs, food producers, winemakers, and travel experts will host talks and taste experience
- A tourist office with information on the best places in the region to visit as well as a book
- signing by best‐selling author Kate Mosse.
- At dusk, DJ Gilles Peterson steps onto the stage with the sounds of his renowned, annual
- Worldwide Festival from the beach of Sète.
For foodies and Francophiles alike it is a day not be missed!
When: Saturday 31 August 12 noon to 9pm, free admission. Sud de France Joie de Vivre Festival
Where: On the South Bank ‐ Riverside Walkway & Bernie Spain Gardens, Upper Ground, next to Oxo Tower
Wharf, London SE1 9PH. Tube/train: Waterloo, Southwark.
For more information please visit: www.festival‐suddefrance.com/Londres.1.0.html